There are many materials to choose from when buying a flag, what flag material is right for you?
If you’re thinking of buying a new American flag, where do you start? With so many options in material, choosing the right flag for you can be a tough decision. Whether you are buying your first flag or a seasoned shopper, here are a few factors to consider when choosing a US flag material.
For our home and outdoor flags, we offer several different material options including polyester, nylon and cotton. Find the right material for you!
Polyester is our longest lasting outdoor flag material:
- Most improved flag fabric technology for high winds
- Incredibly durable with great fly-ability
- Ideal for extreme weather conditions
- Rich deep colors with a soft feel and look
Nylon is the most popular material for outdoor home use:
- Heavyweight nylon is the most versatile outdoor fabric
- Perfect combination of strength and brilliant color
- Ideal for rainy areas due to its quick drying ability
- Lightweight, close weave enable it to fly in the slightest breeze for full visual effect
Cotton is the perfect choice for presentation or ceremonial use:
- Traditional, great looking flag material
- Comprised of 2 x 2 ply mercerized cotton
- Combines very rich and long-lasting colors
- Ideal for special flag flying holidays and ceremonies
- Not recommended for long term outdoor use
- Great wearing quality for excellent value and overall appearance