When to fly your American Flag in 2014 – Full and half-Staff flag holidays and dates to fly your flag in 2014
Ever missed a half-staff flag holiday or forgot to fly your American Flag on an important date? We’ve all been there. With busy day-to-day life, it’s easy to miss an opportunity to fly your US flag, either at full or half-staff.
We want to help make sure you never miss a flag holiday or half-staff occasion during 2014. Here is a list of important dates to remember in the upcoming year. You can also sign up for our email notification service to receive alerts right to your inbox! Sign up here.
- Wednesday January 1st – New Years Day (Full Staff)
- Monday January 20th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Full-Staff)
- Monday February 7th – XXII Winter Olympics begin (Full-Staff)
- Monday February 17th – Presidents’ Day (Full-Staff)
- Thursday May 15th – Peace Officer’s Memorial Day (Half-Staff)
- Saturday May 17th – Armed Forces Day (Full-Staff)
- Monday May 26th – Memorial Day (Half-Staff until Noon, then raised to Full-Staff)
- Friday, June 6 – D-Day Anniversary (Half-Staff)
- Saturday June 14 – Flag Day (Full-Staff)
- Friday July 4th – Independence Day (Full-Staff)
- Monday September 1st – Labor Day (Full-Staff)
- Thursday September 11th – Patriot Day (Half-Staff)
- Friday September 19th – National POW/MIA Recognition Day (Full-Staff)
- Monday October 13th – Columbus Day (Full-Staff)
- Tuesday November 4th – Election Day (Full-Staff)
- Tuesday November 11th – Veterans Day (Full-Staff)
- Thursday November 27th – Thanksgiving Day (Full-Staff)
- Sunday December 7th – Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (Half-Staff)
And don’t forget, the President can also declare the American flag be flown at half-staff for any additional occasion that arises with a Presidential Proclamation.