The Philadelphia Eagles are an NFL football team that is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia is the largest city in the state of Pennsylvania and one of the top 10 largest cities in the United States. The combination of a large market and a rabid fan base makes the Eagles one of the most famous teams in the NFL. They are currently owned by Jeffrey Lurie and coached by Chip Kelly. Their official team colors are midnight green, white, silver, charcoal and black.
The Philadelphia Eagles are one of the oldest teams in the NFL having been established in 1933. Their fan base is known for being incredible harsh on the team when it loses, and overjoyed with the team when they win.
The Philadelphia Eagles have won their division 13 times and appeared in the playoffs 24 times – the most recent being in 2013. With that being said, they are one of 13 teams that have never won a Super Bowl. This would come as a bit of a surprise to many casual sports fans considering the overall success of the franchise. The Eagles two biggest rivals are the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants – two teams that have won multiple Super Bowls.
The Philadelphia Eagles have been playing their home games at Lincoln Financial Field since the 2003 season. “The Link” seats 69,000 fans – which is an average capacity for an NFL stadium. The stadium is also famous for hosting the annual Army vs. Navy college football game. This game is known as one of the greatest spectacles in American sports.
Famous Members of the Eagles
- Chuck Bednarik – Hall of Famer who has a NCAA football award named after him.
- Ron Jaworski – Former quarterback and current ESPN broadcaster.
- Brian Dawkins – arguably the most popular player in team history.
- Donovan McNabb – Former quarterback who went to five NFC championship games and one Super Bowl.
- Reggie White – Hall of Famer and one of the top 50 players in NFL history. He is also famous for playing on the Green Bay Packers.